The Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND) course gives you foundation-level knowledge of common security concepts, basic security techniques, and the fundamentals of applications, operating systems, and networking used in a Security Operations Center (SOC). This course helps you learn to find threats within a real-life network infrastructure using a variety of popular security tools. Through expert instruction and hands-on experience using enterprise-grade security tools, you will learn the basics of network and security concepts, endpoint attacks, cryptography, analysis, and monitoring. This course provides introductory knowledge for those interested in entering the field of cybersecurity and prepares you for the 210-250 SECFND exam, one of the two exams for the current Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate* certification.
Today’s cybersecurity professionals need to detect, investigate, and respond to a wide variety of security events. This course will help you gain the skills to play a role in your organization’s SOC detecting and responding to security events.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe network operations and attacks, basic cryptography concepts, and network infrastructure device operations
- Describe basic Windows and Linux OS operations, common network applications and attacks, endpoint attacks, and network and endpoint security solutions
- Describe security data collection and monitoring, and the common threat models that security operations organizations can reference when performing cybersecurity analysis
- IT professionals
- Any learner interested in entering associate-level cybersecurity roles such as:
- SOC cybersecurity analysts
- Computer or network defense analysts
- Computer network defense infrastructure support personnel
- Future incident responders and SOC personnel
- Cisco integrators or partners
We recommend that you have knowledge of one or more of the following before attending this course:
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
$1,500.00 for 6 months of access
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
- Accessible 24x7x365 both from your PC and Mobile Device
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: These are our Partner Delivered eLearning.