Tableau Desktop Level 1: Introduction for Experienced IT Professionals
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Tableau has for some time been one of the most popular Business Intelligence and data visualization tools available. Why? Because, quite simply, it’s a tool that’s responsive to the needs of modern business. But it’s most effective when you know how to get what you want from it – it might make your business intelligent, but it isn’t going to make you intelligent.
We’ll make sure you’re well prepared to take full advantage of Tableau’s features. Whether you’re an experienced data analyst that wants to explore 2019-2020’s new Tableau, or you’re a beginner that wants to expand their skillset and bring a more professional and sharper approach to their organization, we’ve got you covered. Beginning with the fundamentals, such as data connections with various file types, you’ll soon learn how to build and customize your own data visualizations and dashboards, essential for high-level visibility and effective data visualization. You’ll also work with Tableau’s many wizards and shortcuts, for the purpose of creating beautiful Business Intelligence visualizations quickly and with the least amount of effort.
In addition, we’ll show you how to work with calculations, dashboards and stories and be able to understand the various Tableau products that your company may be using. Therefore, you and your organization – will start making smarter and informed decisions which is really what this class provides.
- Find out how to build effective visualizations and dashboards
- Prepare and clean your data so you can be sure Tableau Desktop is finding answers to your questions – not raising more problems
- Discover how to create advanced visualizations that explain complexity with clarity and style
- Learn how to use data storytelling to aid decision-making and strategy
- Share dashboards and visualizations to cultivate a culture where data is available and valued
Alternative Class for Novice Users
If you don’t have any BI experience, we recommend that you consider the 4-day version of this class for novice users. It has very similar content but allows more time to review basic concepts and to do practice labs. See outline for this class below:
Tableau Desktop Level 1: Introduction for Novice Users.
This class offers a strong foundation in preparation for the Tableau Desktop Specialist Exam. The prep guide is shown here: https://mkt.tableau.com/files/DesktopSpecialist_ExamGuide.pdf
• Create stylish visualizations and dashboards that explain complexity with clarity
• Learn effective data storytelling to transform how your business uses ideas and makes decisions
• Explore features in Tableau Desktop that will help you redefine what business visualizations mean to your organization
Before attending this course, students should have experience using Microsoft Excel and Pivot Tables and calculations in Excel are recommended. Use of Windows Operating System is also highly recommended.
This two-day course is designed for Tableau users with some prior experience with Tableau or similar analytics software such as Power BI. It will help you understand techniques for creating visualizations and combining them in interactive dashboards. This will be a fast-paced class.
Venturing on to Advanced Visualizations
–Visualizing Dates and Times
–Relating Parts of the Data to the Whole
–Visualizing Distributions and Multiple Axes to Compare Different Measures
Diving Deep with Table Calculations
–Quick Table Calculations
–Relative Versus Fixed
–Custom Table Calculations
Making Visualizations that Look Great and Work Well
–Leveraging Formatting in Tableau
–Adding Value to Visualizations
Telling a Data Story with Dashboards
–Key Concepts for Dashboards
–Designing Dashboards in Tableau
–Designing for Different Displays and Devices
–How Actions Work
Digging Deeper – Trends, Clustering, Distributions and Forecasting
Cleaning and Structuring Messy Data
–Structuring Data for Tableau
–Dealing with Data Structure Issues
–Overview of Advanced Fixes for Data Problems
Introducing Tableau Prep
–Getting Prepped to Explore Tableau Prep
–Understanding the Tableau Prep Builder Interface
–Flowing with the Fundamental Paradigm
Advanced Visualizations, Techniques, Tips, and Tricks
–Sheet Swapping and Dynamic Dashboards
–Using Background Images
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org