Splunk Boot Camp
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Learn how to use Splunk for monitoring, searching, analyzing, and visualizing your machine generated data in real time.
Splunk is one of the first platforms to help make sense of log data. Splunk is not just a tool for IT Ops, it’s a tool for developers. In fact, it’s a tool for everyone who’s interested in using the power of data. There are a lot of use cases for Splunk, but first, you’ll to learn what it’s capable of and how to get the most of it.
If you have concerns about security and compliance, don’t worry. You can still be compliant while making life easier with Splunk. You’ll just need to give everyone visibility on what’s happening with your applications in real-time or for analysis purposes. And yes, you can do all of this without giving people access to the servers.
This two-day boot camp is designed to empower you with the knowledge and skills needed to take full advantage of Splunk. This exercise-intensive course is for individuals looking to develop a deeper understanding of the tool. Our hands-on lab classroom format and real-world practice scenarios will cement your new skills with Splunk’s various applications and leave you prepared to properly collect, analyze, and utilize your machine data.
Introduction to Splunk
- What’s Splunk?
- Authentication Methods
- Access Controls and Users
- Products, Licensing, and Costs
- Quick Tour Guide: User Interface
- Splunk Data
- What are Indexes?
- What are Indexers?
- Index Clusters
- Index Pipeline
- Fields and Field Extraction
- Removing Data
- Components of Splunk Deployments
- Deployment Scenarios
Search Processing Language
- What is Search Processing Language (SPL)?
- Searching Operators
- Search Commands
- Search Pipeline
- Commonly Used Search Commands
- Optimize Searches
Dashboard and Visualizations
- Dashboards in Splunk
- Creating Dashboards
- Visualization Types
- Search as Reports
- Creating Alerts
- Scheduling Alerts
- Alerts Notifications
- Creating Scheduled Reports
Putting the Pieces Together
- In your final exercise, you’ll configure a typical scenario when using Splunk. You’ll install and configure an NGINX, then the Splunk forwarder to collect logs in Splunk. The idea is that you can apply everything you’ve learned within the Bootcamp: creating searches, visualizations, dashboards, etc.
Developers, Data Engineers, Architects, and Administrators
What You'll Learn
Join an engaging hands-on learning environment, where you’ll learn:
- Splunk essentials
- Indexing in Splunk
- Splunk architecture and components
- Query and search your data
- How to create dashboards and visualizations
- How to apply alerts
This is a hands-on course with engaging instruction, demos, group discussions, labs, and project work.
Before attending this course, you should have:
- Basic Linux administration and familiarity with using the command line.
- Basic networking concepts understanding
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- Instructor-led training
- Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org