Oracle 19c Backup, Recovery, & Tuning
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Oracle Database 19c Backup and Recovery is a comprehensive, hands-on course that allows DBAs to develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address their business model and requirements. Students will explore how to implement basic backup and recover procedures, move data between databases and files, and employ basic monitoring procedures. Students will also learn how to secure the availability of their database by using appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
Please note that this list of topics is based on our standard course offering, evolved from typical industry uses and trends. We’ll work with you to tune this course and level of coverage to target the skills you need most. Topics, agenda and labs are subject to change, and may adjust during live delivery based on audience needs and skill-level.
- Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture
- Assess your recovery requirements
- Categories of failures
- Basic Workshop Architecture
- Curriculum Context
- Oracle backup and recovery solutions
- Overview of Oracle Secure Backup and Oracle Data Guard
- Getting Started
- Oracle DBA tools for backup and recovery
- Connecting to Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Review of Oracle Database architecture
Configuring for Recoverability
- Configuring and managing persistent settings
- Multiplexing the control file
- RMAN commands
- Archiving redo log files
- Using the Fast Recovery Area (FRA)
- Multiplexing redo log files
Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Creating and Configuring the Recovery Catalog
- Using RMAN Stored Scripts
- Using Virtual Private Catalogs
- Managing Target Database Records in the Recovery Catalog
- Maintaining and Protecting the Recovery Catalog
Backup Strategies and Terminology
- Backing Up Read-Only Tablespaces
- Balancing Backup and Restore Requirements
- Backup Terminology
- Data Warehouse Backup and Recovery: Best Practices
- RMAN Backup Types
- Oracle-Suggested Backup
- Reporting on Backups
- Managing Backups
- Fast Incremental Backup
- Incrementally Updated Backup
What You'll Learn
- Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to the media of your choice.
- Move data between databases and files
- Use Oracle Database recovery processes to recover from media and other failures.
- Diagnose and repair data failures
- Use flashback technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures
- Secure the availability of their database using backup and recovery strategies
This hands-on course is geared for experienced DBAs already working with Oracle.
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL (for DBA use)
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 18c or newer
- Linux skills, including familiarity with command-line options such as ls, cd, cp, and su
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Learn and earn program*
- Placement assistance for first 12 months
- Refund of fees upto 50% if placed through our Placement Division*
- For Government and Private pricing*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org