Microsoft Visio 2019: Part 2
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
- Course Topics
- Course Objectives
- Target Audience
Microsoft® Visio® stands out among similar applications because of its unique ability to draw a wide variety of diagrams, flowcharts, workflows, and organization structures—anything that can be represented by shapes connected by lines. Most importantly, these shapes can be rearranged and with corresponding lines remaining intact. Visio has improved over the years as features common among Microsoft® Office applications have been added. Today, Visio is well integrated with other members of the Office family as well as Microsoft’s cloud-based services. This greatly enriches the sharing and publishing of Visio drawings.
In Microsoft® Visio® 2019: Part 1, you learned the basic skills needed to create and modify various Visio drawings. In Microsoft® Visio® 2019: Part 2, you will learn about more advanced features—making you a more efficient and effective Visio user.
Lesson 1: Designing Advanced Plans and Diagrams
Topic A: Build Advanced Plans
Topic B: Build Advanced Diagrams
Lesson 2: Enhancing the Look of Drawings
Topic A: Use 3-D Shapes
Topic B: Work with Shape Styles
Topic C: Define Shape Styles
Topic D: Apply Backgrounds, Borders, and Titles
Lesson 3: Creating Custom Shapes, Stencils, and Templates
Topic A: Create Simple Custom Shapes
Topic B: Create Custom Stencils
Topic C: Create Custom Templates
Lesson 4: Connecting Drawings to External Data
Topic A: Make an Organization Chart from an Excel Spreadsheet
Topic B: Generate a PivotDiagram from an Excel Spreadsheet
Topic C: Create a Gantt Chart from a Project File
Topic D: Create a Timeline from a Project File
Topic E: Connect a Map to an Access Database
Lesson 5: Leveraging Development Tools
Topic A: Create Macros
Topic B: Modify ShapeSheets
Topic C: Build Advanced Shapes
Lesson 6: Sharing Drawings
Topic A: Save and Share Drawings with OneDrive
Topic B: Review Drawings
Topic C: Insert Drawings into Other Office Files
Topic D: Export Drawings
Topic E: Print Drawings
Appendix A: Using Diagram Standards
In this course, you will examine advanced features to make you more efficient and effective.
- Design advanced plans and diagrams.
- Enhance the look of drawings.
- Create shapes, stencils, and templates.
- Connect drawings to external data.
- Leverage development tools.
- Share drawings.
The target student for this course is a graphic designer, subject matter specialist, or other knowledge worker with basic Microsoft Visio 2019 skills (such as creating basic workflows and other diagrams) who needs to use Visio to create complex graphics and illustrations (such as floor plans, custom maps, and scientific illustrations) that may be linked to external data sources and may be inserted into other Microsoft Office files.
For this course, you will need one workstation for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 2 gigabytes (GB) of Random Access Memory (RAM).
- 32 GB available storage space.
- Monitor capable of a screen resolution of at least 1,024 × 768 pixels, at least a 256-color display, and a video adapter with at least 4 MB of memory.
- Bootable DVD-ROM or USB drive.
- Keyboard and mouse or a compatible pointing device.
- Fast Ethernet (100 Mb/s) adapter or faster and cabling to connect to the classroom network.
- IP addresses that do not conflict with other portions of your network.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- (Instructor computer only) A display system to project the instructor’s computer screen.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional or Enterprise
- Microsoft® Visio® Professional 2019
- Microsoft® Visio® Online Plan 1 or Online Plan 2 subscription if you wish to access Visio for the Web
- Microsoft® Office 365™ license
- Microsoft® Project Professional 2019
- Adobe® Reader® (latest version)
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)
To ensure your success in this course, you should have the ability to create basic workflows and other common diagram types in Visio. You can obtain this level of knowledge and skills by taking the following Logical Operations course:
- Microsoft® Visio® 2019: Part 1
This course includes activities that involve using software such as Excel, Access, and Project. While the listed courses are not mandatory, you can still benefit by taking the following Logical Operations courses to gain an understanding of the basics of the software used with Visio in this course:
- Microsoft® Excel® for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 1
- Microsoft® Access® for Office 365: Part 1
- Microsoft® Project 2019: (On-Premise or Online Editions) Part 1
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org