Microsoft Office Excel 2019: Part 3
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
- Course Topics
- Course Objectives
- Target Audience
Clearly, you use Excel a lot in your role. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be taking this course. By now, you’re already familiar with Microsoft® Office Excel® 2019, its functions and formulas, a lot of its features and functionality, and its powerful data analysis tools. You are likely called upon to analyze and report on data frequently, work in collaboration with others to deliver actionable organizational intelligence, and keep and maintain workbooks for all manner of purposes. At this level of use and collaboration, you have also likely encountered your fair share of issues and challenges. You’re too busy, though, to waste time scouring over workbooks to resolve issues or to perform repetitive, monotonous tasks. You need to know how to get Excel to do more for you so you can focus on what’s really important: staying ahead of the competition. That’s exactly what this course aims to help you do.
This course builds upon the foundational and intermediate knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Office Excel® 2019: Part 1 and Microsoft® Office Excel® 2019: Part 2 courses to help you get the most of your Excel experience. The ability to collaborate with colleagues, automate complex or repetitive tasks, and use conditional logic to construct and apply elaborate formulas and functions will put the full power of Excel right at your fingertips. The more you learn about how to get Excel to do the hard work for you, the more you’ll be able to focus on getting the answers you need from the vast amounts of data your organization generates.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Excel Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-200 and Excel Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-201 certifications.
Lesson 1: Working with Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
Topic A: Use Links and External References
Topic B: Use 3-D References
Topic C: Consolidate Data
Lesson 2: Sharing and Protecting Workbooks
Topic A: Collaborate on a Workbook
Topic B: Protect Worksheets and Workbooks
Lesson 3: Automating Workbook Functionality
Topic A: Apply Data Validation
Topic B: Search for Invalid Data and Formulas with Errors
Topic C: Work with Macros
Lesson 4: Using Lookup Functions and Formula Auditing
Topic A: Use Lookup Functions
Topic B: Trace Cells
Topic C: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
Lesson 5: Forecasting Data
Topic A: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Data Tables
Topic B: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Scenarios
Topic C: Use the Goal Seek Feature
Topic D: Forecast Data Trends
Lesson 6: Creating Sparklines and Mapping Data
Topic A: Create Sparklines
Topic B: Map Data
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Excel Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-200
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to Excel Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-201
Appendix C: Microsoft® Excel® 2019 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
Appendix D: Cube Functions
Appendix E: Importing and Exporting Data
Appendix F: Internationalizing Workbooks
Appendix G: Working with Power Pivot
Appendix H: Advanced Customization Options
Appendix I: Working with Forms and Controls
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to perform advanced data analysis, collaborate on workbooks with other users, and automate workbook functionality.
- Work with multiple worksheets and workbooks.
- Share and protect workbooks.
- Automate workbook functionality.
- Use Lookup functions and formula auditing.
- Forecast data.
- Create sparklines and map data.
This course is intended for students who are experienced Excel 2019 users and have a desire or need to advance their skills in working with some of the more advanced Excel features. Students will likely need to troubleshoot large, complex workbooks, automate repetitive tasks, engage in collaborative partnerships involving workbook data, construct complex Excel functions, and use those functions to perform rigorous analysis of extensive, complex datasets.
For this course, you will need one workstation for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 25 GB available disk space
- DirectX 10 graphics card and a 1,024 × 576 or higher resolution monitor (1,024 × 768 resolution or higher monitor recommended)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor’s computer screen
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional or Enterprise
- Microsoft® Office 2019
To ensure success, students should have practical, real-world experience creating and analyzing datasets using Excel 2019. Specific tasks students should be able to perform include: creating formulas and using Excel functions; creating, sorting, and filtering datasets and tables; presenting data by using basic charts; creating and working with PivotTables, slicers, and PivotCharts; and customizing the Excel environment. To meet these prerequisites, students can take the following Logical Operations courses, or should possess the equivalent skill level:
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2019: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2019: Part 2
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org