ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
- Course Outline
- Course Objectives
- Target Audience
- Educational Approach
ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager training enables you to acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing an Information Security Incident Management plan based on ISO/IEC 27035. During this training course, you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of a process model for designing and developing an organizational incident management plan. The compatibility of this training course with ISO/IEC 27035 also supports the ISO/IEC 27001 by providing guidance for Information Security Incident Management.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Incident Management, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Incident Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead a team in managing Information Security Incidents.
Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Incident Management concepts as recommended by ISO/IEC 27035
Day 2: Designing and preparing an Information Security Incident Management plan
Day 3: Enacting the Incident Management process and handling Information Security incidents
Day 4: Monitoring and continual improvement of the Information Security Incident Management plan
Day 5: Certification Exam
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods, tools and techniques that enable an effective Information Security Incident Management according to ISO/IEC 27035
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27035 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Acquire the expertise to support an organization to effectively implement, manage and maintain an Information Security Incident Response plan
- Acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices of Information Security Incident Management
- Understand the importance of establishing well-structured procedures and policies for Incident Management processes
- Develop the expertise to manage an effective Incident Response Team
- Information Security Incident managers
- IT Managers
- IT Auditors
- Managers seeking to establish an Incident Response Team (IRT)
- Managers seeking to learn more about operating effective IRTs
- Information Security risk managers
- IT system administration professionals
- IT network administration professionals
- Members of Incident Response Teams
- Individuals responsible for Information Security within an organization
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an Information Security Incident Management plan
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27035 and comprehensive knowledge of Information Security.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Incident Management
Domain 2: Information Security Incident Management best practices based on ISO/IEC 27035
Domain 3: Designing and developing an Organizational Incident Management process based on ISO/IEC 27035
Domain 4: Preparing for Information Security incidents and implementing an Incident Management Plan
Domain 5: Enacting the Incident Management Process and handling Information Security Incidents
Domain 6: Performance measurement and monitoring
Domain 7: Improving the Incident Management processes and activities
- After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27035 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.The requirements for PECB Manager Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience ISIMMS project experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Provisional Incident Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager Exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Eode of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Incident Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager Exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Information Security Incident Management ISIM activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager Exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Information Security Incident Management ISIM activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Senior Lead Incident Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager Exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Information Security Incident Management ISIM activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered valid, these Information Security Incident Management activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following
- Drafting an Information Security Incident Management plan
- Implementing Information Security Incident Management processes
- Managing Information Security Incident processes
- Conducting forensics investigation
- Monitoring and analyzing security events
- Identifying potential threats and security trends
- Vulnerabilities assessment
- Monitoring and managing risks
- Implementing corrective or preventive actions
- Performing internal controls
- Managing an Incident Response Team
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 5 day Instructor-led training
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for the self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Pre and Post evaluations
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Participants will be provided with training material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information and practical examples.
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants who have attended the training course.
- In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake the exam within 12 months following the initial exam for free
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
Self-Study option available with Training material and Certification voucher at $ 1095 (Instructor-led training not included).*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org