ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
- Course Outline
- Course Objectives
- Target Audience
- What You'll Learn
- Educational Approach
Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27005, concepts and implementation of a risk management program
Day 2: Risk identification, evaluation, and treatment as specified in ISO/IEC 27005
Day 3: Information Security risk acceptance, communication, consultation, monitoring and review
Day 4: Risk assessment methodologies
Day 5: Certification Exam
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques that enable an effective risk management process based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Acknowledge the correlation between Information Security risk management and security controls
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in Information Security Risk Management
- Acquire the competence and skills to effectively advise organizations on Information Security Risk Management best practices
- Acquire the knowledge necessary for the implementation, management and maintenance of an ongoing risk management program
- Information Security risk managers
- Information Security team members
- Individuals responsible for Information Security, compliance, and risk within an organization
- Individuals implementing ISO/IEC 27001, seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 27001 or individuals who are involved in a risk management program
- IT consultants
- IT professionals
- Information Security officers
- Privacy officers
What You'll Learn
ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager training enables you to acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in the risk management process related to all assets of relevance for Information Security using the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a reference framework. During this training course, you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of a process model for designing and developing an Information Security Risk Management program. The training will also contain a thorough understanding of best practices of risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and harmonized TRA. This training course supports the implementation process of the ISMS framework presented in the ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Risk Management based on ISO/IEC 27005, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Risk Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead a team in managing Information Security Risks.
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in Information Security Risk Management
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on cases studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27005 and comprehensive knowledge of Risk Assessment and Information Security.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Risk Management
Domain 2: Implementation of an Information Security Risk Management program
Domain 3: Information security risk assessment
Domain 4: Information security risk treatment
Domain 5: Information security risk communication, monitoring and improvement
Domain 6: Information security risk assessment methodologies
- After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27005 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.The requirements for PECB Manager Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience Risk Management experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Provisional Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in ISRM Information Security Risk Management activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in ISRM Information Security Risk Management activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Senior Lead Risk Manager PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager Exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in ISRM Information Security Risk Management activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered valid, the information security activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
- Defining a risk management approach
- Determining the basic criteria, objectives, scope and boundaries
- Identifying assets, threats, existing controls, vulnerabilities and consequences (impacts)
- Assessing consequences and incident likelihood
- Performing risk assessment
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for an organization
- Defining risk evaluation criteria
- Evaluating risk treatment options
- Determining the risk acceptance criteria
- Selecting and implementing Information Security controls
- Determining the risk communication plans and objectives
- Performing risk management monitoring and reviews
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- Instructor-led training
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for the self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Pre and Post evaluations
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Participants will be provided with training material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information and practical examples.
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants who have attended the training course.
- In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake the exam within 12 months following the initial exam for free
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
Self-Study option available with Training material and Certification voucher at $ 1095 (Instructor-led training not included).*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org