ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or email@example.com.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
- Course Outline
- Course Objectives
- Target Audience
- What You'll Learn
- Educational Approach
- General Information
Cybersecurity professionals are in high demand. Distinguish yourself by adding the PECB Lead Auditor certification to your resume. Our ISO Lead Auditor certification training uses the PECB Lead Auditor certification training curriculum and includes lectures and practical exercises that fully prepare you for the PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor certification exam. Our instructors are working professionals that bring real-world scenarios and experience to the classroom giving you insight into today’s current landscape.
This PECB ISO Lead Auditor certification training helps you develop the necessary expertise to perform an Information Security Management System (ISMS) audit. You’ll learn widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques as well as the theory behind today’s best practices.
ISO/IEC Lead Auditor training FAQs:
- What is the salary range for an ISO/IEC Lead Auditor? Typically, between $64k and $82k.
- What does an ISO/IEC Lead Auditor do? They provide a third-party evaluation of the accuracy and effectiveness an organization’s processes. They compare the outputs of said process to the planned arrangements and analyze how well they match.
- How long does the ISO/IEC Lead Auditor certification last? 3 years
Day 1: Introduction to the information security management system (ISMS) and ISO/IEC 27001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation, and initiation of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
- Understand the operations of an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Information Security Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Information Security Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Information Security Management
What You'll Learn
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in ISMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO/IEC 27001 audit program
- After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience MS audit/assessment experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Information Security Management Audit activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Information Security Management Audit activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Senior Lead Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Information Security Management Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
Note: PECB Certified Individuals who do possess the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor Credentials are qualified for the respective PECB Master Credential, given they have taken 4 additional Foundation Exams which are related to this scheme. For more detailed information about the Foundation Exams and the overall Master Requirements, please go to the following link: https://pecb.com/en/master-credentials.
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting non-conformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site Audit
- Follow-up on non-conformities
- Leading an audit team
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 5 day Instructor-led training
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for the self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Pre and Post evaluations
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Participants will be provided with training material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information and practical examples.
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants who have attended the training course.
- In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake the exam within 12 months following the initial exam for free
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
Self-Study option available with Training material and Certification voucher at $ 1095 (Instructor-led training not included).*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com