GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA)
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or email@example.com.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
- Areas Covered
- Who is GSNA for?
- Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
The GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA) certification validates a practitioner’s ability to apply basic risk analysis techniques and to conduct technical audits of essential information systems. GSNA certification holders have demonstrated knowledge of network, perimeter, and application auditing as well as risk assessment and reporting.
- Auditing, risk assessments, and reporting
- Network and perimeter auditing and monitoring, web application auditing
- Auditing and monitoring in windows and Unix environments
Who is GSNA for?
- Managers overseeing an audit or security team
- Security professionals
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Anyone who wants to implement effective continuous monitoring processes
- 1 proctored exam
- 115 questions
- Time limit of 3 hours
- Minimum Passing Score of 72%
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
The topic areas for each exam part follow:
- Auditing Access Control and Data Handling in Web Applications
- The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of auditing web application access control and data handling.
- Auditing Physical Networks
- The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the terms and concepts associated with networking and how to perform an audit of a physical network.
- Auditing the Cloud
- The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the terms and concepts associated with cloud computing and the process for auditing cloud assets.
- Auditing UNIX and Linux Systems
- The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of how to audit UNIX and Linux systems using common techniques, tools, and scripting commands to determine process information, access controls, and system configurations.
- Auditing Web Applications
- The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of auditing web applications.
- Auditing Windows Systems and Domains
- The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of how to audit Windows systems using common techniques, tools, and scripting commands to determine process information, access controls, and system configurations.
- Risk Assessment for Auditors
- The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of basic risk auditing terms and concepts, and how to perform an auditing risk assessment.
- The Audit Process
- The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of basic auditing terms and concepts and demonstrate familiarity with the audit process, baselines, time based security concepts, and how risk assessment are used to identify and specify controls.
- UNIX and Linux Logging and Continuous Monitoring
- The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of how to gather and interpret logging information from UNIX and Linux systems, and how to use continuous monitoring to achieve ongoing audit compliance.
- Windows Logging and Continuous Monitoring
- The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of how to gather and interpret logging information from Windows systems, and how to use continuous monitoring to achieve ongoing audit compliance.
*No Specific training is required for any GIAC certification. There are many sources of information available regarding the certification objectives’ knowledge areas. Practical experience is an option; there are also numerous books on the market covering Computer Information Security. Another option is any relevant courses from training providers, including SANS.*
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com