Cybersecurity is at the forefront for most organizations today, with boards increasingly interested in understanding the enterprise’s risk and related controls. A strong cybersecurity audit program with qualified, capable auditors and controls implemented as part of an overall strategy is essential. During this course, we will explore concepts related to evaluating the risk and auditing the cybersecurity controls for an organization.
This training will cover three key areas of cybersecurity audit: cybersecurity governance, cybersecurity operations, and specific technical topics. Together with an included study guide, the course will prepare learners for the included Cybersecurity Audit Certificate Exam, which learners will schedule and complete at their own convenience.
The Cybersecurity for Auditors Certificate Course is also offered in-person and as a self-paced online format, allowing learners to experience the course at the time and location that best suits their needs.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Understand security frameworks to identify best practices
- Identify cyber and legal regulatory requirements to aid in compliance assessments
- Perform cybersecurity and third-party risk assessments
- Define threat and vulnerability management
- Enhance your asset, configuration, change and patch management practices
- Assess network security from security architecture to traffic analysis to segmentation to data loss prevention
- Identify application security controls
- Distinguish between firewall and network security technologies
- Identify cloud strategies and controls
- Identify the benefits and risks of containerization
The Cybersecurity Audit Certificate Program provides audit/assurance professionals with the knowledge needed to excel in cybersecurity audits. It provides security professionals with an understanding of the audit process, and IT risk professionals with an understanding of cyber-related risk and mitigating controls and specifically:
- IT audit professionals and enterprises who need additional guidance on auditing cybersecurity,
- Security professionals who need an understanding of the audit process, and
- Risk and assurance professionals who need in-depth knowledge of cyber-related risk and mitigating controls.
You do not need any prerequisites for this accelerated course. However, ISACA recommends that you have a basic understanding of cybersecurity concepts and previous experience within the industry.