If you are taking this course, you probably have some professional exposure to the duties of a project manager, or you may be embarking on a career in professional project management. As a project manager, the ability to demonstrate best practices in project management both on the job and through professional certification is becoming the standard to compete in today’s fast-paced and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will apply the generally recognized practices of project management to successfully manage projects.
Project managers are always under severe pressure to complete projects on time and within budget. However, most projects fail to meet these demands and as a result, many projects are terminated early. Successful project management requires knowledge and experience. This course is designed to provide you with the skills needed to be a successful project manager in today’s rapidly changing world. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the CompTIA Project+ certification exam. The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help you avoid making costly mistakes and increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
In this course, you will apply recognized practices of project management and understand a project’s life cycle, roles, and skills necessary to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close a project.
- Identify the fundamentals of project management.
- Initiate a project.
- Create project plans, stakeholder strategies, and scope statements.
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure and activity lists.
- Develop a project schedule and identify the critical path.
- Plan project costs.
- Create project staffing and quality management plans.
- Create an effective communication plan.
- Create a risk management plan, perform a risk analysis, and develop a risk response plan.
- Plan project procurements.
- Develop change management and transition plans.
- Assemble and launch the project team to execute the plan.
- Execute the project procurement plan.
- Monitor and control project performance.
- Monitor and control project constraints.
- Monitor and control project risks.
- Monitor and control procurements.
- Perform project closure activities.
This course is designed for individuals in various job roles who have a basic knowledge of project management, and who participate in small to medium scale projects.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA Project+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA Project+ PK0-004 Certification Exam. A typical student taking the CompTIA Project+ PK0-004 Certification Exam should have a minimum of 12 months of project management experience. Experience with specific project management software is helpful, but not mandatory.
To ensure your success, you should be familiar with basic project management concepts. Basic computing skills and some experience using Microsoft Office are desirable but not required.