This course covers the duties of cybersecurity analysts who are responsible for monitoring and detecting security incidents in information systems and networks, and for executing a proper response to such incidents. Depending on the size of the organization, this individual may act alone or may be a member of a cybersecurity incident response team (CSIRT). The course introduces tools and tactics to manage cybersecurity risks, identify various types of common threats, evaluate the organization’s security, collect and analyze cybersecurity intelligence, and handle incidents as they occur. Ultimately, the course promotes a comprehensive approach to security aimed toward those on the front lines of defense.
This course is designed to assist students in preparing for the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification examination. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
In addition, this course can help students who are looking to fulfill DoD directive 8570.01 for information assurance (IA) training. This program is designed for personnel performing IA functions, establishing IA policies, and implementing security measures and procedures for the Department of Defense and affiliated information systems and networks.
In this course, you will assess and respond to security threats and operate a systems and network security analysis platform.
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
- Analyze reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments.
- Analyze attacks on computing and network environments.
- Analyze post-attack techniques on computing and network environments.
- Implement a vulnerability management program.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence.
- Analyze data collected from security and event logs.
- Perform active analysis on assets and networks.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Address security issues with the organization’s technology architecture.
This course is designed primarily for cybersecurity practitioners who perform job functions related to protecting information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. This course focuses on the knowledge, ability, and skills necessary to provide for the defense of those information systems in a cybersecurity context, including protection, detection, analysis, investigation, and response processes. In addition, the course ensures that all members of an IT team (everyone from the help desk staff to the Chief Information Officer) understand their role in these security processes.
To ensure your success in this course, you should meet the following requirements:
- At least two years (recommended) of experience in computer network security technology or a related field.
- The ability to recognize information security vulnerabilities and threats in the context of risk management.
- Foundation-level operational skills with some of the common operating systems for computing environments.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in computing environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, basic authentication and authorization, resource permissions, and anti-malware mechanisms.
- Foundation-level understanding of some of the common concepts for network environments, such as routing and switching.
- Foundational knowledge of major TCP/IP networking protocols, including, but not limited to, TCP, IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, ARP, ICMP, and DHCP.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in network environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and VPNs.
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by passing the relevant exams:
CompTIA A+: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002)
CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-007)
CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501)
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 5 day instructor-led training course
- CompTIA CySA+ Certification guide
- CompTIA CySA+ pre and post-assessment
- Practice Test questions
- Comprehension exercises and study digest
- Labs for hands-on practice
- Exam Voucher
- Onsite exam scheduling support*
- Course free retake*
- Learn and earn program*
- Placement assistance for first 12 months
- Refund of fees upto 50% if placed through our Placement Division*
- For Government and Private pricing*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com