CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or email@example.com.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
This CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) CS0-002 training course teaches students the duties of cybersecurity analysts, including monitoring and detecting cybersecurity incidents in information systems and networks and executing proper incident responses. The CySA+ training course introduces:
- tools and tactics to manage cybersecurity risks
- how to identify various types of common threats
- how to evaluate an organization’s cybersecurity
- how to collect and analyze cybersecurity intelligence
- how to handle incidents as they occur
Ultimately, this CySA+ training promotes a comprehensive approach to cybersecurity aimed toward those on the front lines of defense.
This CompTIA CySA+ training course is conducted in San Diego, CA, and is designed to help professionals preparing for the CySA+ certification examination.
This course fulfills Department of Defense directive 8570.01 for information assurance (IA) training.
This CySA+ training is designed for professionals performing IA functions, establishing IA policies, and implementing cybersecurity measures and procedures for the Department of Defense and affiliated information systems and networks.
In this course, you will assess and respond to security threats and operate a systems and network security analysis platform.
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
- Analyze reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments.
- Analyze attacks on computing and network environments.
- Analyze post-attack techniques on computing and network environments.
- Implement a vulnerability management program.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence.
- Analyze data collected from security and event logs.
- Perform active analysis on assets and networks.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Address security issues with the organization’s technology architecture.
This CompTIA CySA+ training course, conducted in San Diego, CA, is designed primarily for cybersecurity practitioners who perform job functions related to protecting information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. The CompTIA CySA+ training focuses on the knowledge, ability, and skills necessary to provide for the defense of those information systems in a cybersecurity context, including protection, detection, analysis, investigation, and response processes. In addition, the course ensures that all members of an IT team (everyone from the help desk staff to the Chief Information Officer) understand their role in these cybersecurity processes.
To ensure your success in this course, you should meet the following requirements:
- At least two years (recommended) of experience in computer network security technology or a related field.
- The ability to recognize information security vulnerabilities and threats in the context of risk management.
- Foundation-level operational skills with some of the common operating systems for computing environments.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in computing environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, basic authentication and authorization, resource permissions, and anti-malware mechanisms.
- Foundation-level understanding of some of the common concepts for network environments, such as routing and switching.
- Foundational knowledge of major TCP/IP networking protocols, including, but not limited to, TCP, IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, ARP, ICMP, and DHCP.
- Foundational knowledge of the concepts and operational framework of common assurance safeguards in network environments. Safeguards include, but are not limited to, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and VPNs.
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by passing the relevant exams:
CompTIA A+: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002)
CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-007)
CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501)
CompTIA CySA+ Training Course FAQs
1. What’s the difference between CompTIA CySA+ and Security+? CySA+ is more robust than Security+ because it includes more analytics with a different focus to address the growing specialization in cybersecurity. Security+ is only a baseline of general cybersecurity knowledge and skills.
2. Which is easier, PenTest+ or CySA+? Although both of these certifications are valuable, CySA+ is more suitable for people pursuing careers as cybersecurity analysts or engineers. PenTest+ is better for those who wish to become penetration testers.
3. How long is the CySA+ certification valid? Three years.
4. What jobs can I get with a CySA+ certification? Below are some jobs in which a CySA+ certification will benefit you:
- Security operations center (SOC) analyst
- Vulnerability analyst
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Threat intelligence analyst
- Security engineer
- Cybersecurity analyst
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 5 day instructor-led training course
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) Certification guide
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) pre and post-assessment
- Practice Test questions
- Comprehension exercises and study digest
- Labs for hands-on practice
- Onsite exam scheduling support*
- Course free retake*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org