While IT professionals today are expected to understand some basic cloud terminology and concepts and have likely worked with public cloud or Software-as-a-Service solutions, the ability to analyze, evaluate, design, and test cloud computing solutions are hard skills to find and are in high demand. In this course, you will apply the skills required to evaluate and implement standard deployments. You will implement, maintain, and deliver cloud technologies including network, storage, and virtualization technologies to create cloud solutions. You will manage workload migrations, manage cloud vendors to control costs, use automation and orchestration to bring business value from cloud solutions, and ensure the security of cloud implementations through the use of cybersecurity best practices. In addition, this course prepares you to pass the CompTIA Cloud+ exam and earn the corresponding certification.
In this course, you will deploy, test, secure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot a cloud solution.
- Prepare to deploy cloud solutions.
- Deploy a pilot project.
- Test a pilot project deployment.
- Design a secure network for cloud deployment.
- Determine CPU and memory sizing for cloud deployments.
- Determine storage requirements for cloud deployments.
- Plan Identity and Access Management for cloud deployments.
- Analyze workload characteristics to ensure a successful migration to the cloud.
- Secure systems to meet access requirements.
- Maintain cloud systems.
- Implement backup, restore, and business continuity measures.
- Analyze cloud systems for the required performance.
- Analyze cloud systems for anomalies and growth forecasting.
- Troubleshoot deployment, capacity, automation, and orchestration issues.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot security issues.
This course is designed for IT professionals who wish to develop cloud computing skills to enable them to move IT workloads to the cloud and integrate products and services from different providers and industries. Their focus is to ensure that cloud deployments are secure, that automation and orchestration are used effectively to bring business value from the cloud, and that costs are controlled through effective management of cloud vendors.
This course is also designed for students who are preparing to take the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam CV0-002, or who plan to use Cloud+ as the foundation for more advanced cloud certifications or career roles.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have 24 to 36 months of experience with IT networking, network storage, and data center administration. You should also have familiarity with any major hypervisor technologies for server virtualization, basic knowledge of common cloud service models, and common cloud deployment models.