Citrix App Layering and WEM Administration
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Designed for experienced IT professionals, you will learn to build and combine App Layers to optimize management of your app and desktop images and to implement Workspace Environment Management to improve log-on times, centralize user settings management, and optimize the performance of machines.
You will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions and features in your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 site.
• How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption.
• How to migrate to Workspace Environment Management
• App Layering skills to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers
Module 1 Introduction to App Layering
• App Layering Introduction
• Architecture and How it Works
Module 2 The OS Layer
• Creating an OS Layer
Module 3 The Platform Layer
• Creating a Platform Layer
Module 4 The App Layers
• Creating App Layers
Module 5 Creating Elastic App and User Layers
• Elastic App Layering
• User Layers
Module 6 Deploying a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
• Using Templates in App Layering
• Using Layered Images in a Citrix Virtual Apps and
Module 7 Exploring Layer Priority
• Layer Priority
Module 8 Maintaining an App Layering Environment
• Updating Layers
• Maintaining and Updating the App Layering Environment
• Common App Layering Considerations and Additional
Module 9 Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
• Workspace Environment Management (WEM) Introduction
• WEM Administration
Module 10 Using WEM to Centralize Environment Management
• Managing User Resources with WEM
• Managing Profiles with WEM
• Managing Endpoints with the WEM Transformer Feature
Module 11 Using WEM for Performance Optimization
• Optimizing Machine Performance with WEM
• Optimizing User Experience with WEM
Module 12 Using WEM to Secure Environments
• WEM Security Features
Module 13 Migrating and Upgrading WEM
• Migrating to WEM
• Upgrading a WEM Deployment
• WEM Multi-Location Considerations
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud looking to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops skills to an advanced level. Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
Strong foundational knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7. Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course:
CWS-215-Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud.
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org