Prepare to obtain the Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM) certification and be recognized among the world’s most-qualified information security management professionals. The CISM Online Review Course provides online, on-demand instruction and is ideal for preparing you for the CISM certification exam.
The course covers all four of the CISM domains, and each section corresponds directly to the CISM job practice. It uses proven instructional design techniques, incorporating video, interactive eLearning modules, downloadable, interactive workbooks, downloadable job aids, case study activities and pre- and post-course assessments.
The CISM Online Review Course is an online preparation course that prepares learners to pass the CISM certification exam using proven instructional design techniques and interactive activities. The course covers all four of the CISM domains, and each section corresponds directly to the CISM job practice.
The course incorporates video, narrated interactive eLearning modules, downloadable, interactive workbooks, downloadable job aids, case study activities, and pre-and post-course assessments. Learners will be able to navigate the course at their own pace, following a recommended structure, or target preferred job practice areas. Learners may also start and stop the course based on their study schedule, picking up exactly where they left off the next time they access the course.
- Welcome video
- Getting started Job Aid
Domain 1 – Information Security Governance
- Explain the need for and the desired outcomes of an effective information security strategy
- Create an information security strategy aligned with organizational goals and objectives
- Gain stakeholder support using business cases
- Identify key roles and responsibilities needed to execute an action plan
- Establish metrics to measure and monitor the performance of security governance
Domain 2 – Information Risk Management
- Explain the importance of risk management as a tool to meet business needs and develop a security management program to support these needs
- Identify, rank, and respond to a risk in a way that is appropriate as defined by organizational directives
- Assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of information security controls
- Report information security risk effectively
Domain 3 – Information Security Program Development and Management
- Align information security program requirements with those of other business functions
- Manage the information security program resources
- Design and implement information security controls
- Incorporate information security requirements into contracts, agreements and third-party management processes
Domain 4 – Information Security Incident Management
- Understand the concepts and practices of Incident Management
- Identify the components of an Incident Response Plan and evaluate its effectiveness
- Understand the key concepts of Business Continuity Planning, or BCP and Disaster Recovery Planning, or DRP
- Be familiar with techniques commonly used to test incident response capabilities
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Establish and/or maintain an information security governance framework and supporting processes to ensure that the information security strategy is aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Manage information risk to an acceptable level based on risk appetite to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain an information security program that identifies, manages and protects the organization’s assets while aligning to information security strategy and business goals, thereby supporting an effective security posture.
- Plan, establish and manage the capability to detect, investigate, respond to and recover from information security incidents to minimize business impact.
- Professionals preparing to become CISM certified
- CISA or CISSP-certified individuals looking to move into information security management
- General security management professionals looking to move into information security
- Information security managers
- Mid-level career change
- Interactive Content
- Downloadable workbooks and job aids
- Case study activities
- Practice exam
- Learners will have access to the course for one year from date of purchase and will earn 21 CPE upon completion. This course has a seat time of approximately 17 hours and is accessed via the Learning Access tab of your MyISACA dashboard.
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com