CHFI – Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator v9
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
EC-Council’s CHFI (Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator) certification training covers major forensic investigation scenarios that give you hands-on experience with various forensic investigation techniques and standard tools necessary to successfully carry out computer hacking forensic investigations.
With the ongoing growth of sophisticated cyber-attacks, the need for advanced cybersecurity and investigation training is critical. This online, instructor-led CHFI certification training course teaches you how to excel in digital evidence acquisition, handling, and forensically sound analysis. These skills lead to successful prosecutions in various types of security incidents such as data breaches, corporate espionage, insider threats, computer hacking, and other intricate cases involving computer systems.
- The computer forensic investigation process and the various legal issues involved
- Evidence searching, seizing and acquisition methodologies in a legal and forensically sound manner
- Types of digital evidence, rules of evidence, digital evidence examination process, and electronic crime and digital evidence consideration by crime category
- Roles of the first responder, first responder toolkit, securing and evaluating electronic crime scene, conducting preliminary interviews, documenting electronic crime scene, collecting and preserving electronic evidence, packaging and transporting electronic evidence, and reporting the crime scene
- Setting up a computer forensics lab and the tools involved in it
- Various file systems and how to boot a disk
- Gathering volatile and non-volatile information from Windows
- Data acquisition and duplication rules
- Validation methods and tools required
- Recovering deleted files and deleted partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Forensic investigation using AccessData FTK and EnCase
- Steganography and its techniques
- Steganalysis and image file forensics
- Password cracking concepts, tools, and types of password attacks
- Investigating password protected files
- Types of log capturing, log management, time synchronization, and log capturing tools
- Investigating logs, network traffic, wireless attacks, and web attacks
- Tracking emails and investigate email crimes
- Mobile forensics and mobile forensics software and hardware tools
- Writing investigative reports
- Anyone interested in cyber forensics/investigations
- Attorneys, legal consultants, and lawyers
- Law enforcement officers
- Police officers
- Federal/ government agents
- Defense and military
- Detectives/ investigators
- Incident response team members
- Information security managers
- Network defenders
- IT professionals, IT directors/managers
- System/network engineers
- Security analyst/ architect/auditors/ consultants
- IT/forensics professionals with basic knowledge on IT/cyber security, computer forensics, and incident response
- Prior completion of CEH training would be an advantage
CHFI: Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator FAQs
- What is a computer hacking forensic investigator? CHFI is the process of detecting hacking attacks and properly extracting evidence to report the crime and conducting audits to prevent future attacks.
- How long is the CHFI certification exam? 4 hours with 150 questions
- What jobs can I get in computer forensics?
- Computer Forensics Investigator.
- Computer Forensics Technician.
- Information Security Analyst.
- Information Systems Security Analyst.
- Forensic Computer Analyst.
- Security Consultant.