- Course Outline
- Skills Learned
- Who Should Attend This Course
- Hands-On Labs
The 70-680: Configuring Windows 7 online training course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client. In this online training course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for enterprise network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
Chapter 1: Installing Microsoft Windows 7
Introducing Windows 7
Windows 7 Architecture
Preparing to Install Windows 7
Installing Windows 7
Chapter 2: Automating the Microsoft Windows 7 Installation
Choosing Automated Deployment Options
Deploying Unattended Installations
Chapter 3: Managing Disks
Configuring File Systems
Configuring Disk Storage
Using the Disk Management Utility
Troubleshooting Disk Management
Managing Data Compression
Managing Data Encryption with EFS
Using Disk Maintenance Tools
Chapter 4: Managing the Microsoft Windows 7 Environment
Configuring the Windows 7 Operating System
Configuring Remote Connections
Configuring Mobile Computing
Managing Windows 7 Services
Chapter 5: Configuring Hardware and Applications
Managing I/O Devices
Overview of Internet Explorer 8
Chapter 6: Managing Users, Groups, and Security
Overview of Windows 7 User Accounts
Logging On and Logging Off
Working with User Accounts
Managing User Properties
Troubleshooting User Account Authentication
Creating and Managing Groups
Managing and Applying LGPOs
Configuring User Account Control
Using Advanced Security Options
Using BitLocker Drive Encryption
Managing File and Folder Security
Managing Network Access
Chapter 7: Configuring Network Connectivity
Configuring Windows 7 NIC Devices
Configuring Windows 7 on a Network
Configuring Windows Firewall
Configuring Remote Management
Chapter 8: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows 7
Understanding Windows 7 Performance Optimization
Optimizing Windows 7 with Performance Monitor
Using Reliability Monitor
Using Windows 7 Tools to Discover System Information
Using System Configuration
Setting Up Task Scheduler
Using Event Viewer
Chapter 9: Configuring Backups and Recovery
Safeguarding Your Computer and Recovering from Disaster
Using Advanced Boot Options
Using the Startup Repair Tool
Maintaining Windows 7 with Backup and Restore
Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from an earlier version of Windows.
Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable a Windows 7 client computer.
Configure file access and printers on a Windows 7 client computer.
Configure network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
Configure wireless network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
Secure Windows 7 client desktop computers.
Optimize and maintain the performance and reliability of a Windows 7 client computer.
Configure mobile computing and remote access settings for a Windows 7 client computer.
Who Should Attend This Course
Expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client.
Acquiring deep technical knowledge of Windows 7.
Learning the details of Windows 7 technologies.
Focusing on the “how to” associated with Windows 7 technologies.
Most of these professionals use some version of Windows client at their workplace and are looking at new and better ways to perform some of the current functions.
Experience installing PC hardware and devices.
Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge.
The skills to map network file shares.
Experience working from a command prompt.
Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server.
Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.
1. MDOP: Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 5.0 Overview
2. MDOP: Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) Overview
3. Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Shared Cache
4. Microsoft Bitlocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
5. Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack: Application Virtualization 4.6 SP1 Sequencing Lab
6. Managing a Domain Environment More Effectively
7. Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM) 4
8. Using App-V 4.6 Service Pack 1 to Sequence Office 2010 and Add-Ins with Dynamic Suite Composition
9. Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 4.6 Service Pack 1 Sequencer Overview
10. Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) 2.0 Overview
11. MDOP: Advanced Sequencing
12. MDOP: Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM)
13. MDOP: App-V and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
14. MDOP: Examining App-V Basics
15. MDOP: Installing and Configuring App-V
16. MDOP: Installing MED-V
17. MDOP: Installing the App-V Sequencer
18. MDOP: Managing MED-V
19. MDOP: Publishing Applications into the App-V Environment
20. MDOP: Sequencing Applications for Virtualization
21. MDOP: Desktop Error Monitoring (DEM)
22. MDOP: Sequencing Office 2010
23. Windows 7: User State Virtualization (USV)
24. Learning App-V Basics
25. Learning App-V Intermediate Skills
26. Learning to Configure App-V for Standalone Client Mode
27. Implementing Citrix XenDesktop 4 on Hyper-V R2
28. Windows 7: Modifying Windows 7 Operating Systems with DISM
29. Windows 7: Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.5 and Windows 7
30. Windows 7: Getting Started with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010
31. Windows 7: Mitigating Application Issues Using Shims
32. Windows 7: Zero Touch Installation Using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 and System Center Configuration Manager
33. Windows 7: Introduction to Deploying Windows 7 Using the Windows Automated Installation Kit
34. Windows 7: AppLocker
35. Windows 7: BitLocker
36. Windows 7: Microsoft Application Virtualization (APP-V)
37. Windows 7: Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V)
38. Windows 7: Problem Steps Recorder
39. Windows 7: Search Federation
40. Windows 7: User Account Control
41. Windows 7: Windows Troubleshooting Packs
- Accessible 24x7x365 both from your PC and Mobile Device
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: These are our Partner Delivered eLearning.