In this course, students will learn how to develop enterprise search applications for Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010. This course builds on the search-related material in 10175A Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010 Application Development. Topics include: processing data content, configuring Federation, search scopes, managed metadata, linguistics, federated object model applications, custom search applications, extending connectors using SharePoint Designer, and custom connectors using Business Connectivity Services.
- At least two years of experience as a developer for Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 and/or SharePoint Server 2010.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 and supporting technologies, such as Internet Information Services.
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft® SQL Server® Technologies.
- Familiarity with creating projects in Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010.
- Familiarity with Microsoft® .NET programming in Visual Studio 2010.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows® PowerShell 2.0.