Microsoft’s Power BI is the technology that deserves your attention right now.
It’s fine and dandy to collect business intelligence data, but if you can’t manipulate it and present it in meaningful ways, its value goes out the window. Is this something you struggle with? Not to worry, CCS Learning Academy has the solution: Microsoft Power BI.
Microsoft Power BI is a data analytics tool. Its user-friendly interface makes data visualization a snap. Via intuitive dashboards, it allows you to analyze, aggregate, connect diverse data sets, clean and transform data into data models, and then transform those data models into meaningful charts and graphs that facilitate an organization’s decision-making.
That data lake you’re collecting? Now you can realize its priceless value.
There are a lot of data visualization tools on the market. Why Power BI?
A major plus is Power BI’s deep integration with other Microsoft products we’re all using, like Excel. This gives users a quick and short learning curve. It’s easy for users to adopt and, therefore, becomes a go-to self-service tool. Power BI also includes a collection of applications that can be used on a desktop, as a SaaS product, or on a mobile device.
Meaningful data on the go? Now we’re talking!
Power BI is highly ranked on Gartner’s assessment of features and capabilities, making it a leader in analytics and business intelligence platforms.
Key features include:
- Insights from structured and unstructured data, including text and images; Power BI has image recognition and text analytics!
- Easy dashboard and report customizations. Power BI gives you the ability to make dashboards and reports the way you want to. There is a library of customized visualizations, and it’s easy to create the visual you need to express your data insights properly.
- Access to multiple data sources. Whether you’re on-premise or cloud-based, Power BI allows users to pull data from almost any system — including Oracle and Azure — in a wide variety of formats. Frequent updates open new data sources regularly.
- Personalization for your settings. The default setting/appearance not working for you? Want your data shown in a particular manner? Change it! Power BI gives you control over how your environment looks. You can also share and print your configurations.
- The power to simplify Big Data. Make examining and sharing huge volumes of information quick and efficient by using a no-restrictions Azure information lake. It significantly improves functionality and facilitates coordination between data scientists, data engineers, and business analysts.
- Real-time analysis. There’s no lag time when it comes to analysis, not only from factory sensors but also from social media sources like Facebook.
- A robust API. This feature helps support and embed Power BI’s dashboards in other software applications, allowing for smooth interfacing between platforms.
Should you have Power BI on your resume?
We hope this answer is obvious: yes!
Data visualization and business intelligence (BI) application skills are in higher demand than ever. More and more organizations are incorporating these tools into their business management practices. To stay competitive, it makes sense to have them on your resume.
As a Microsoft product, Power BI is growing in popularity and, therefore, there’s a growing demand for professionals who know how to use it. Here’s a sampling of potential positions you may qualify for with Power BI in your skillset:
- Data Analyst
- Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Business Intelligence (BI) developer
- Power BI Administrator
- Power BI Manager
- Power BI Consultant
- SQL Server Power BI Developer
We see a wide range of industries recruiting for these roles: retail, food, telecom, oil, fashion, pharma, healthcare, and more! No matter what industry you are interested in, there is Power BI work to be done there.
You can’t go wrong investing your time and education dollars in Power BI. It’s an easy-to-use tool with growing demand in the current market; the ROI is significant! That said, you’ll only reap these rewards with proper training.
CCS Learning Academy has a robust Power BI course menu that will transform you into a Power BI powerhouse! All are taught by industry experts and include real-life scenarios and examples. And they’re remote-ready! Need more information? Contact us today!